I added a beef soup bone, caramelized onions, sliced mushrooms, thyme, a pinch of sage, dried parsely, a pinch of fines herbs, red wine and at the end I threw in the leftover greens from Ironwood. I also tried cooking turnips in there but I picked every last one of those bitter nasty little things back out. I don’t like to be wasteful but ick. Yuck. Ptooey.
The caramelized onions were deelish! The greens ended up in there because I needed something tangy to offset the sweetness of the onions.
Linnae was unhappy with the entire thing, alas. Apparently she had ”planned on steak” again. I even unbent the rules a bit and cooked some rice rotelle to put in with the broth but she ate it only with much production and protests.
Have three good sized single portions of leftovers and I used that lovely broth. Wasted two turnips but they are now appeasing the compost gods, so, all turned out well.